The Children’s Centre programme is based on the concept that providing integrated education with childcare, family support and health services are key factors in achieving good outcomes for children and parents.
We offer the following services for children under five and their families with a particular focus on under 3s.
Education and Childcare
- Early education and day care for children from 6 months to 5 years- links to and information available.
- Lots of family fun and learning opportunities such as stay and play sessions, music and song, story times, baby clubs and special events
- Childminder services supported by the Centre.
- Our activities are now targeted towards under 3s from our Locality only.
Family Support and Outreach work
Support, advice and information for parents aimed at giving children the best possible start in life. This can be provided in your own home or at the centres and is given by qualified family support staff:
- Information on and access to local services for children under five and their families
- Access to a dedicated under fives outreach worker team
- Positive Parenting Courses to support you with behaviour, routines, learning and development.
Child and Family Health Services
Healthcare workers on site to support access to a range of healthcare services such as:
Workshops and advice on:
- Smoking Cessation signposting
- Community Midwifery delivering antenatal and postnatal groups
- Health Visitors delivering clinics, groups and development checks
- Our information is available at Health Centres
- Antenatal & Postnatal classes
- Healthy Eating
- Health & Safety/First Aid
Links to Jobcentres and Training Providers
Co-ordinated services including:
- Advice on entering the workforce
Basic skills training
- Accredited training (eg Childcare)
- Support with accessing 2 year EEE funding for families who are eligible.