*Please scroll down for details of volunteering opportunities.....*
We encourage the involvement of volunteers to help run our services and manage the project.
Examples of some of these projects might be:
Volunteering can have many benefits for those taking part:
- Befriending volunteers who visit families at home or accompany them to groups and services in the area - we would signpost you to Homestart.
- Toy Library volunteers helping parents at toy lending sessions
- Toddler Group volunteers helping to run our toddler grou
- Birmingham Buddies Breastfeeding Peer Supporters
- Gaining valuable life experiences and skills
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Gaining new skills and qualifications through training
- Experiences that supports your return to paid employment
- Satisfaction in helping others
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Having fun
You can decide how much time you are able to give. Support with training is available.
Details of current volunteer opportunities will be shown below:
* Toy Library volunteers *
We are looking for reliable volunteers to help out with our Toy Library sessions. Duties will include cleaning toys, making drinks and talking to parents and children. Our sessions run on Tuesday 9.00am - 11.45am, Wednesdays 1.30pm - 3.00pm (Baby Toy Library) and Thursdays 1.30pm - 4.30pm. All sessions are term time only. If you feel you have the time and skills to assist us please do get in touch with Lynda on 07824 365980 or Fiona on 07747 755497. We look forward to hearing from you! Even if you can only volunteer for an hour we would be grateful to hear from any students, parents or grandparents who could help out.
Toy Library are also really in need of parents who can support us as we seek to fund raise for sustainability. Or can share with us any skills around publicity, fund raising, campaigning etc. We will also need practical help with packing and unpacking, room preparation and other tasks in the summer. Please get in touch.
Birmingham Buddies - We are currently taking names for a course that will run in north area for Sutton, Erdington and Kingstanding mums who have breastfed and would like to support others.